Sunday 21 May 2017

My top 3 favorite spots to eat in Windhoek.

Living in a foreign country can  have its perks especially when it comes to embracing different cultural foods. Although Namibia and South Africa have similarities, I do find that that most foods here outweigh the ones back home. Being a former German colony, Namibia is highly influenced  when it comes to its foods and culture. 


                                                                  Krisjans Bistro: 
 Every time I walk into  Krisjans Bistro I feel as if I'm at home. The atmosphere at Krisjans is  relaxing and calm and the waiters always offer a comforting smile. Sitting outside on the deck creates an atmosphere that  I'm on an exquisite Wine farm in the Cape. The meals  are homemade and organically fresh. I recommend any of their luscious meals, but my favorite is definitely their Pesto Pasta with sun dried tomatoes.
                                      
                                                      Daisho Sushi and Wine Bar:
 I always use to get so irritated when it came to buying sushi, whether I bought it from Spar or PicknPay because they never had the sushi that I wanted and it would always be more expensive!  Everyone knows sushi isn't cheap, but a few months ago I found this wonderful restaurant called Daisho whose prices are fairly reasonable. What I love about this restaurant is that the sushi is always fresh, the wait is short and you can get takeout. 
                               



                                                   Slow Town Coffee Roasters:
Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a coffee addict, and this company sure has me addicted!
I have been to many coffee shops/café's in my life, but Slow Town definitely takes the cake, and is by far one of the best cafés I've been to! This company focuses on what really matters: people, good quality and service.  They have by far the best coffee in Namibia, and I highly recommend you pay them a visit. 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Meg Robb. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig